A sentence could have multiple meanings depending on what punctuation marks are used.
Punctuation marks are used in written texts to divide the sentence into phrases that make sense. It guides the reader of the written text on how to put pauses within the sentence so that the writer’s message can get across, with the same meaning the writer had in mind when he first wrote the text.
However, the wrong use of a punctuation mark or completely ignoring its proper use gives the readers a leeway of freedom to interpret the written text in whatever way.
Here are eight signs that completely missed the use of punctuation marks.
- Is this a good deal or not?
2. Wait, what? Then I can trespass there anytime I want to, right?
3. A classic case of apostrophe use gone wrong.
4. This time, it’s a case of a period in the wrong place.
5. No to labels, please.
6. Uh oh, guess Missouri didn’t like it.
7. Want to work for Spongebob?
8.If someone has the same case, should he see a doctor, too?